Having routine air conditioning service completed at least annually can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at top efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Zelienople summer, have the specialists at Knoechel Heating Company perform your annual air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be finished during a usual air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Check for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if required, look for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, recover any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, rather than unlawfully releasing it to the environment.
- Inspect for correct airflow through the system.
- Confirm the appropriate electric control sequence to make sure of proper sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Inspect the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters routinely is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that easy can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to run at a high level of efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it habitually. We advise taking a look at it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will depend on individual influences in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call Knoechel Heating Company today at 724-425-5852.