During the cooler Zelienople months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and turns out to be your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen in your home, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. However, if it happens, a simple call to Knoechel Heating Company will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got some signs you should monitor for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you’re in an emergency repair situation. Call Knoechel Heating Company ASAP if you see any of these issues:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that makes a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be examined by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re constantly turning up the thermostat, yet you’re still cold, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a indication of a problem with your thermostat, it may also mean your furnace is not big enough for your house.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you notice a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s not the typical noise, it’s probably a good idea to arrange a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re working your furnace as you usually do but see an increase in your energy bill, there are a variety of different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from Knoechel Heating Company can find out what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running all the time, you could have a problem. It could be a something as small as an air filter problem or something as large as a motor problem. We’ll help you find out what the problem is.
Now that you know how to recognize when you need a furnace repair, call us and we are happy to help. If your furnace is working fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Knoechel Heating Company at 724-425-5852 or schedule an appointment with us online.