As warmer weather begins, you may be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Zelienople? Even if your air conditioning system is newer or was running good last season.
Here’s one way to look at it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new car and never expect to request any service for it, such as putting in fresh oil or putting on new tires.
The same affects your AC. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving parts. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can malfunction.
Having your equipment checked seasonally by a Knoechel Heating professional can help spot little issues before they lead to large meltdowns. (And cause your AC to stop running!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your air conditioner is located outdoors, it’s more prone to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can negatively affect your equipment’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a professional to service delicate internal pieces.
- It keeps your unit efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that accumulate inside your equipment can make it work harder and decrease airflow. Both these problems can cause higher energy needs—and a more expensive energy bill!
- It could lengthen your equipment’s life span. A clean system is an efficient one and may even help it work for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly cooling costs and over the years, as you won’t have to replace your equipment as fast.
- It helps pinpoint little problems before they become big, costly problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will carefully examine components and complete a set of air conditioning performance verifications. These in-depth procedures often allow us to find problems before they turn into extensive troubles that result in an expensive repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free comfort throughout the summer. After your equipment is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your system is ready to deliver worry-free air. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers expect regular maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this maintenance, your equipment is open to early breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A premium AC maintenance should involve an examination and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC tech. Here’s some of the services we’ll do:
We’ll examine the subsequent areas and parts:
- Complete equipment condition
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the jobs we’ll finish:
- Replace air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lube moving components
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Tune-Up Right Away with Knoechel Heating
Today is the greatest time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Knoechel Heating pros a call at 724-425-5852 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we come to your home, don’t forget to browse our exclusive offers for savings on your next maintenance.