As we get a few weeks in to November and the temperature begins to dip, we’re faced with the imminent decision of when to turn the heat on. For some families, that time has already come and for others, it is looming large. Of course with winter quickly approaching now is the time to think about replacing your home’s furnace because no one wants their furnace to go kaput in the middle of the coldest day of the month.
So when you need to find a new furnace, how do you know whether you should go with an oil furnace or a gas furnace? Well we’re here to help answer that for you. After all, there’s no point in being bundled up in 10 layers in the middle of January because you didn’t know your furnace was about to go out.
Take a few moments and read what both types of furnaces can give you and give us a ring at 724-425-5852 if you have any more questions.
- Up-front cost is lower than gas furnaces
- Offer more heat than other furnaces
- Easily serviced by the oil delivery company
- Maintenance can be more intensive because of dirt and grim buildup
- Fuel costs are more than gas furnaces
- Less efficient than gas furnaces
- More efficient than oil furnaces
- Cheaper fuel compared to oil furnaces
*Note: your home must be in an area where a gas supply is available
- Less maintenance required
- Gives less heat than oil furnaces
- Up-front cost is 10-25% more than similar sized oil furnaces
No matter which furnace you choose, your comfort should never be in question, so make sure you make the most informed decision possible. If you happen to have any questions as you go through the process, don’t hesitate giving Knoechel Heating Company in Zelienople a call at 724-425-5852. We’re more than happy to help solve all of your furnace questions.