With warmer temps close by, now is the time to take a look at your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is operating at top efficiency, it can cut a significant amount off your energy bills! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit is in need of service, it could dramatically increase your costs and cause needless and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Knoechel Heating Company specialist do air conditioning service
at least annually is critical to keeping your system working at its best for the long haul. He or she can ensure the unit is working correctly and can identify possible issues before they happen, saving you even more money.
Your skilled air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to arranging your expert air conditioning service, there are tasks you can do now and occasionally throughout the year to be sure your air conditioner is at its best.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if it was covered during colder months. Using your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it may hurt your system and end with the need for big repairs or even replacement.
- Clear the area surrounding your AC. Ensure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing too close to your AC unit because they may interfere with airflow through your AC. Also be sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch obstructing any aspect of it.
During the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or replaced during your expert air conditioning service, it’s important for you to inspect them each month and replace per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Every home has it’s own needs when it comes to air filter replacement, depending on aspects like owning house pets or performing home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned routinely will also ensure your air conditioner is able to run efficiently and will help you keep a comfy home. By adhering these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to be sure your air conditioner will be prepped for whatever summer offers. Give the experts at Knoechel Heating Company a call at 724-425-5852.