Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Zelienople during the colder seasons, when they’re required to keep you comfortable. While you know the team at Knoechel Heating Company will forever be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is needed and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve compiled this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound strange, but make sure everything is set to “on”. We’ve been to more than a few calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is switched off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t kicked on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, boost the temperature by five degrees to see if it turns on.
- If everything looks correct, check your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that guard the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an obstruction causing your heat pump to not work?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to make sure they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unobstructed?
If you’ve gone through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call Knoechel Heating Company at 724-425-5852 and we’ll return your home back to the welcoming and cozy place you expect this time of year.